Are tenants in Falls Church required to purchase renter's insurance?

The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Falls Church to buy a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants purchase renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.

Do you need advice about rental property management?

Talk to one of our experts about rental property in Virginia.