Are renters in Edsall Park required to buy renter's insurance?

The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Edsall Park to buy renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that tenants buy a renter's insurance policy which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.