Are renters in Alexandria Crossing required to purchase renter's insurance?

The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Alexandria Crossing to buy a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants purchase renter’s insurance which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.